IC-FR5000 / IC-FR6000
UNIQUE TWO-IN-ONE REPEATERS
The IC-FR5000 series combines superior analog specifications with competitive cost performance. Its slim, rackmount design allows you to install two RF modules* in one unit. In addition, the built-in IDAS digital mode paves the way to a future digital migration now.
* Optional UR-FR5000/UR-FR6000 is required.
Two RF modules in one unit
The IC-FR5000 series has an internal space for installing an optional RF unit, UR-FR5000 series. Two RF modules can be installed in a chassis reducing installation space, and increasing channel capacity. They can be programmed and operated independently.
25W 100% duty cycle operation*
Employing a high performance power amplifier, the IC-FR5000 series provides a reliable 100% duty cycle operation at 25W output. When need higher power, the optional UR-PA5000 series power amplifier provides 100W output power with a 50% duty cycle and 50W output with 100% duty cycle.
* Ambient temperature: 25°C
19-inch rack mount design, 2U height low profile design
The IC-FR5000 series has a rack mount bracket and handles for installation in an industry standard 19-inch rack.
Multiple CTCSS and DTCS tone decode
The IC-FR5000 series detects multiple CTCSS and DTCS on a channel (up to 16 tones on a table) and downlinks (transmits) the received signal with a specified tone. This function is useful for sharing a channel with multiple groups.
Base station operation
The IC-FR5000 series has 5 programmable buttons, 12-digit dot-matrix display and 32 memory channels allowing you to use the repeater as a base station.
- Programmable accessory connector (D-sub 25-pin) for connecting trunking controllers or other external devices
- 5-Tone and DTMF encoder/decoder
- CW ID transmitter
- Normal and priority scan setting
- Wide frequency coverage
- Built-in audio compander
- Optional voice scrambler UT-109R/UT-110R and built-in inversion type voice scrambler*
* Inversion type voice scrambler is not compatible with UT-109/UT-110 voice scrambler.
- IDAS and IDAS logo are trademarks of Icom Incorporated.
- All other trademarks are the properties of their respective holders.