THE ORIGIN OF THE HF TRANSCEIVER
The IC-718 is equipped with a minimum number of buttons and controls for simple feature selection. The 10-key pad on the front panel allows direct entry of an operating frequency or a memory channel number. The auto tuning step function is activated when turning the dial quickly and helps speed up tuning. The band stacking register is convenient when changing operating bands.
Front mounted loud speaker
The IC-718 has the speaker mounted on the front panel. With the speaker facing the operator, audio will be heard clearly and directly while operating.
Optional DSP capability, UT-106
The optional DSP unit gives you noise reduction and auto notch filter functions for extra receiver performance..
General coverage receiver
The IC-718 has 0.03–29.999999MHz* general coverage receive capability.
- Built-in electronic keyer
- Built-in microphone compressor
- Combined squelch and RF gain control
- Preamplifier and attenuator
- 101 memory channels
- CW full break-in
- IF shift interference rejection
- 1Hz tuning
- VOX function for hands-free operation
- Optional automatic antenna tuner
- Digital S/RF meter