VHF Air band Transceivers
The pilot’s favorite handhend is here!
Easy to use while flying
Simple one-handed operation is the most essential feature of the IC-A24/A6. The well labeled, large keypad provides user friendly operation. The large display shows both letters and numbers and is easy to see, making for fast frequency recognition. The display is backlit, and so is the keypad. The light stays on until you turn it off a very handy feature for flying at night.
“Flip-flop” channel recall
The IC-A24/A6 stores the last 10 channels used. You can easily recall those channels by pushing the “flip-flop” recall buttons on the front panel. It is convenient for switching between several channels, such as NAV and COM channels.
The IC-A24 has VOR navigation functions. The DVOR mode shows the radial to or from a VOR station and the CDI mode shows the course deviation to/from a VOR station. You can also input your intended radial to/from the VOR station and show the course deviation on the display. In the USA version, the duplex operation allows you to call a COM channel, while you are using VOR navigation.
(* IC-A24 only)
External DC power jack
An external DC power jack allows for operation with the wall charger, BC-167 or the cigarette lighter cable, CP-20. When the battery pack is installed, simultaneous charging during operation is also possible. In addition, an optional battery case, BP-208N, is available.
- 8.33kHz channel spacing (Depending on version)
- IPX4 Water resistant construction
- 200 memory channels (20 Ch × 10 banks) with 6 character names
- Dedicated 121.5MHz emergency key
- Side tone function allows you to hear your own voice via an external aviation headset.
- NOAA marine weather channels
- Tag scanning and memory bank scanning
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction